Sunday 13 April 2014

Road Trip

edited- Happy to say my card won the Addicted to CAS challenge.


Road Trip.  Wouldn't you love to go on one right now.  That is the theme of the new challenge at ONE- LAYER SIMPLICITY this month.  When I think of going on a road trip, I think of going to the beach so here is the card I came up with.  
I wanted a watery-blue background for my scene and this one is so easy to do.  I inked up my acrylic block with Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks.  Just rubbed the ink pad right on the block and spray with water before stamping on your card front.  When I lifted the block, the ink had pooled near the top so I dried it with my heat gun for the watery look.  When dry, I stamped the lighthouse, birds and the sentiment in black Memento ink.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:



Addicted to CAS- #36 FAR AWAY


CASology- #90 WET


Hope you have a happy Sunday and thanks so much for stopping by.

Supplies:  stamps- Gina K, Mama Elephant/ Distress inks/ Memento bl/ twine/ acrylic block/ mini mister





22 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous, your card, Karen!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh so beautiful, Karen! I LOVE how you are using the Distress Inks, and I have to try the acrylic block with a spritz! Beautiful effect with this lighthouse! And, yes, I'd love you to come to the beach with me!! Hugs, sweet friend!

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautiful gift box did you make I really love it!!

Greetings
Maria

SD pooja said...

That watery bg is Awesome ! fabulous card..

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Love the colours and effect!

Ardyth said...

LOVE that watery look - very interesting technique! So glad you joined us at CASology and OLS!

Susie said...

Gorgeous!

Judy1223 said...

Karen, this is fabulous! Love that technique...and your image and sentiment are so perfect for the cue this week! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Joni Andaya said...

Beautiful :)

Lisa Walsh said...

Soooo pretty

Davi said...

Karen you are sooo talented in doing this kind of technique, what a beautiful card you created~~ Perfect look with the lighthouse and gulls!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Breathtaking design, I love sea motifs and the lighthouse on the blue background is amazing.
I'm so glad, my internet works again, I was without since february.
I wish you a sunny week,
big hugs Anja

Viv said...

Oh Karen this looks fabulous, great inkiness here :) Viv xx

Basement Stamper said...

The watercoloring behind your lighthouse is perfect with this image and sentiment!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous watercolour background Karen, and the lighthouse is an awesome focal point.
Thank you for joining in the "Far Away" challenge at ATCAS!
Sylvia x

Gillian R said...

Such a beautiful scene you have created. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This card is simply stunning! Your watercolor technique is one I'm sure I could do! No brushes or open containers of water required.

lililindsay said...

I love the "watery look". Great sentiment placing too. All in all - a beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS with this beauty ! I lope the water color and that fantastic stamp. Just perfect for our challenge at ATCAS thanks so much for playing along.

Marie

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Karen, this is stunning ... love the gorgeous, vibrant watercolour background! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS! Anita :)

OH Babs said...

Another beautiful card, you are such an inspiration - really.

Barb Ghig said...

Really beautiful water coloring and stunning design! Congrats on being this week's CAS Perfectionist...well deserved!!!