Monday 14 April 2014

Sympathy in Yellow


Good Morning.  For so many of us, making sympathy card is hard so I like to have some ready to have on hand.  When I saw the challenge at Splitcoast this a.m., I grabbed my stamps and inks and went to work.  
I began by sponging Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and a bit of Wild Honey onto my white card front.  I then took the flower from Unity and stamped it using water to give a bit of a ghosting look.  I then went back and inked my flower stamp with some Wild Honey and stamped off before going onto the yellow.  By doing that, the image is more faint and faded.  I then added some highlights using a white Signo pen.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up and is stamped with black Memento.  I think simple is best when making a sympathy card.

I am adding my card to this challenge:

CAS-ology - #90 WET (water stamping)


Have a good week.  Thanks so much for dropping by.

Supplies:  stamps- Unity, SU/ Distress ink/ Memento bl/ Signo white pen



12 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the subtle look of the flowers. That's a neat technique.

Cheryl First said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the techniques you used to make this!

Sally H said...

Wow, Karen! That is stunning! Beautiful stamping

maria's knutselplezier said...

I love your beautiful sympathie card , love the pretty colours!!

Greetings
Maria

CherylQuilts said...

Saw this yesterday and didn't get to comment! I love it, Karen! Fabulous colors and technique! Hugs, sweet friend!!

Naomi said...

Oh how gorgeous! Now that is a lot of gel pen work - wow! It turned out beautifully!

Davi said...

Wow Karen this is really beautiful, the yellow has such a soft comforting look, a perfect sympathy card!

lililindsay said...

I have made note of the techniques used in creating this beautiful card. Thanks.

G Peplow said...

Absolutely beautiful :D x

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that we loved your card and we gave it a shout out on the Paper Crafter's Library Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/papercrafterslibrary

Andrea

Katherine said...

Beautiful and just the inspiration I needed... I never have the cards I need when they are most needed... it's hard to make these but good to have! TFS!

Tami said...

Gorgeous card! Love the layers from water & distress stamping then the white accents.