Monday 26 May 2014

Welcome Sight


Spring is such a welcome sight after the long winter we had.  I am ready for sunny days and warmer temps.  I wanted to play along with the CAS Challenge this morning at Splitcoast; Spring Flowers.  

I thought of my Pretty Peony set from Stampin Up.  It is an older 2-part set which means you stamp the first image then stamp the detail.  I chose some sunny colours for my flowers, stamped the main image first and watercoloured it.  When dry, I stamped over it with the second part of the stamp adding the detail to my flowers.  Stamped the sentiment then I added a hand drawn border to pull it all together.

Adding my card to these challenges:

CASology- FLOWER


Addicted to Stamps- ANYTHING GOES


Brown Sugar- ANYTHING GOES




Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Stampin Up, Rubbernecker/ Memento markers/ Bl. Memento ink/ brush/ Bl liner

11 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the shading of these gorgeous blooms! So glad you joined us at CASology this week, my friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Totally fabulous! I've never used a two part stamp, but love the effect, Jo x

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous card, love the cheerful colour. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I just LOVE this card! I always love all your cards, but this is so cheery, and I just love the yellow flowers with the black light and dots...lovely touch! Hugs, sweet friend!

Kim M said...

Such bright and beautiful flowers! Love this card! The design is wonderful as well as the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! Hope to see you there again! :-)

Sue said...

Wow, love how you coloured your flowers, a real pop of sunshine! Thank you for joining us at ATSM,

Deepti said...

Gorgeous :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

Marina said...

Beautiful bright, bold flowers and great layout. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Nonni said...

Stunning. I like the combination of flowers and the black fine line border, great contrast. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Kathryn A said...

Love this card! You black line and accents are the perfect touch to highlight the cheerful flowers!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful look! Great use of the stamps for the multicolored flowers. I also like the line design around the sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna