Friday 17 October 2014

Crunchy Leaves


Another wet, rainy Fall day here at my house today so good time for a happy, fun card.
The challenge today at Splitcoast is to create a card with a Halloween/ Harvest theme for children.
I have had this digi image for ages so printed it out then coloured it with Copic markers.  I then die cut it with a Spellbinder oval die and pierced around the edge.  
On the card front I did some random embossing by placing my cardstock into my embossing folder and then hitting it with a rubber mallet.  (Also a good way to get rid of your frustrations!! lol)  
I added the strips of white cardstock behind the image to help draw your eye in but still keeping it very clean and simple.

 I am also adding my card to these challenges:

CAS on Sundays- EMBOSS IT

Simply Create Too- HALLOWEEN or ORANGE

Shopping Our Stash- SOMETHING SWEET (my image)

Addicted to Stamps- MAKE YOUR MARK

Use Your Stuff- INSPIRATION PHOTO


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps-Inkadinkadoo, digi-Birdie Brown/ Copic markers/ Bl. Memento ink/ EB folder/ rubber mallet/ paper piercing tool
 

8 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, how cute!! I love this little fall elf and love your "get out your frustrations" embossing! Sweet card for the SCS challenge! Hugs, sweet friend, and I hope the weather clears soon!

maria's knutselplezier said...

Lovely and cute, great fun for automn, I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a darling image and your Copic coloring is amazing, Karen! I also love how you layered your cardstock and the stitched oval is perfect! Really charming card!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Cute image. Thank you for joining us in our "Halloween [or Use Lots of Orange]" Challenge #73. Hope to see your entries in our upcoming challenges too!

Diane
Simply Create Too Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm such a fan of white space! Love it. Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

Donna said...

Oh my gosh how cute is that image??? Awesome CAS card!!
Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for the "Hello, Sweetie" challenge this week

Loll said...

This is so cute Karen!! Fun digi image ... love the bright green against all the white space. :) Loll xx

anja curvers said...

Such a cute image great. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday