Wednesday 15 October 2014

Inspired By.......

Good Morning and thanks for coming by to visit.
Today's post is a little different.  I must apologize to all the other special friends that asked me to play along with this 'Inspired By' post...thanks so much!
At the time, I was unable to play due to a nasty virus that zapped me of my energy and ambition.

 Then, a couple of weeks ago, (and feeling much better) my super talented friend Julie Warner, honored my on her blog as an artist she was inspired by. Wow, what a surprise considering I have admired Julie's cards for year.




I first met Julie when we worked on the design team at Innovative Stamp Creations  I also know Julie from Splitcoast Stampers where she has been since 2007.  Julie hosts the Featured Stampers Challenge on Sundays and is a Member of the 'Dirty Dozen.  Her cards are full of interest and wonderful elements.  I love how she adds layers, amazing colouring and such creative layouts to all of her cards.
Julie presently does design work for Our Daily Bread, Serendipity Stamps, DRS Designs and North Coast Creations.  She is one busy lady and a most kind friend.



Along with this honor, Julie asked me to answer a few questions, then mention a few other wonderful stamping friends that inspire me.

 1.  WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON RIGHT NOW?
       Right now I am working on getting some Christmas cards done for the big day.  I honestly don't 
       send hand made cards to everyone but like to have some on hand for family and close friends.
       Every year, I try to make a few more then I did the year before.  I am surprised I get anything done
       some days with my busy life and my little daycare people.

 2.    HOW DOES MY WORK DIFFER FROM OTHERS IN MY GENRE?
        That is a really tough question since there are so many wonderful CAS cardmakers out there.  I 
        love creating Clean and Simple cards but I like to add a twist by creating interesting backgrounds
        with Distress inks for my cards.  I love trying new techniques and just playing with stamps and 
        inks. 
        Here are some of my favourite cards that I have created over the years:

(click on the card to go to the original post)

   3.  WHY DO I CREATE WHAT I DO?  
         I have to say that I need some kind of creative outlet and that stamping and playing with inks is
         just such a wonderful stress reliever.  I love being able to pick up some paper, inks and stamps
         and create a card in a short amount of time.  The joy and happiness I get from giving my cards
         away is such a wonderful feeling, as I try and personalize my cards for the person receiving it.
         That's the great thing about stamping....the world of creativity is all yours!!

  4.  HOW DOES YOUR CREATIVE PROCESS WORK?
          Often times, I go to check out the challenges on Splitcoast stampers for inspiration.  Great
          challenges to get my 'creative juices' flowing.   Other times, I see something on someone else's
          blog that make me say, 'hmmm'.....'I want to try that!'.



And now I get to nominate some really special ladies who are so inspiring and that I am proud to call friends.



Susan Raihala- SIMPLICITY

My Photo

Ok, Susan had a huge influence on my card style, I think more then anyone else.  She was so instrumental in helping me 'know my style'.  I saw her work and loved the clean crisp lines and layouts.  I loved how the images were the focal point without all the layers and embellishments.  Susan has a most successful blog called Simplicity and a wonderful gallery at SCS to visit as well.  Susan really had such a hand in starting the CAS FAVOURITES at SCS and now I help host the One-Layer Simplicity Challenges with her each month.


Lisa Lara- LISA'S LIFE LINES
My Photo

Here's my girl Lisa Lara.  She makes the most wonderful CAS cards and if I ever need to feel happy, I just need to go take a peek at her blog, Lisa's Life Lines or her SCS gallery.  You will find much happiness and fun and inspiration.  After a visit there, you will have a smile on your face.  I met Lisa through Splitcoast Stampers and she is a real delight.  Lisa presently does design work for Tiddly Inks and is a member of the Dirty Dozen.


Audrie Magno-Gordon- AUDRIE'S BLOG

girlgeek101 

Audrie is another special friend that I met through SCS.  Her blog, Audrie's Blog and her SCS gallery are full of wonderfully inspiring projects.   She is a most talented, encouraging lady, always working on creating new techniques and wonderfully done watercolour backgrounds.  She has done tutorials for SCS, hosts the Inspiration Challenges and has some great videos on her blog.  I especially have to thank her for showing us how to do the 'Embossing Folder Stamping Technique' which I love and use a lot.  Audrie is a Stampin Up Demonstrator. 


Thanks so very much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed reading about some of the wonderful and inspiring ladies that I admire.  I hope you get a chance to visit their blogs and find some inspiration too!

11 comments:

Susanne Vargas said...

Hi Karen, it was fun to learn a bit more about you! You already know that I totally love your style!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a wonderful post, Karen! Your style is so easily recognizable and fabulous and I loved seeing your favorites and a bit into your creative thinking!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Karen, I enjoyed learning more about you too. Your cards are an inspiration and I will be sure to check out the blogs of the ladies you've nominated. Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

sandie said...

Wondeful read Karen, you cards are always inspiring x

GirlGeek101 said...

Thank you for making my day! You just don't know how much your mention means to me - especially because I consider you to be an exceptional ARTIST in all that you do. P.S. Susan R. is also one of my mentors --- she taught me everything I know about CAS through her wonderful blog. Have a great day and thank you again! :) XXOO

Lisa said...

What a fabulous post!! All of your cards are stunning - true works of art!! I love your style!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I LOVE this post today and your beautiful cards! You are amazing and delight us all with your amazing CAS style with flair! Your ability to use vibrant colors really pops them in your SCS gallery and here on your blog!! You are amazing and such a sweet friend! And you've been inspired by three other wonderful gals! Hugs, sweet friend! Keep us your wonderful work!!

Lisa Lara said...

Love you back Karen. U inspire Me. I love learning a bit more about you. Your cards are always perfection.

Joan B said...

your cards are gorgeous.

Tammy said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Karen!
Hugs, Tammy

Susan Raihala said...

Thank you so much, Karen. I'm honored...especially because you inspire me so very much!!!!