Sunday 7 December 2014

In the Woods


Morning.  Today I wanted to make a nature card to send to a friend who lives out in a rural area surrounded by beautiful woods.  This is what I came up with.
The main panel (blue bkg.) is a piece of leftover inked paper that I made by rubbing Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress inks onto my acrylic block, sprayed with water then pressed onto my paper.  
(I always keep my leftover mistakes or pieces I am not sure what to do with...no wonder my kids call me a hoarder although I usually find a use for them sometime in the future! LOL)
Next, I stamped the Memory Box trees and die-cut them.  The deer is also a Memory Box die that was added over the white panel and then on top of the blue. 
The base of my card was embossed part way down in an embossing folder.  By leaving the bottom unembossed (is that a word??) it is easy to add a sentiment and this one is from Hero Arts.  To give a crisp edge the area where the embossing ends, I scored 2 lines.  It gives it a more finished look.

Simon Says- CHRISTMAS


Brown Sugar- WINTER

Use Your Stuff- CHEVRONS


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Memory Box, Hero Arts/ die- Memory Box/ Distress ink/ acrylic block/ eb folder/ Memento bl ink

17 comments:

Shery Russ said...

Beautiful card, Karen! I love that blue background!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous! What a fabulous serene scene. That greeting is wonderful. I know many people who would benefit from some harmony.

Julie B said...

Love the sky background you made, the whole scene has a very country feel.
Thanks for joining in at ATSM this week. :)

Marie-Louise said...

This is super Karen. I keep my bits and pieces for a while and then end up throwing them out.

Ruby said...

You are so talented. I love this card. Thanks for all the details.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is such a pretty scene. Lovely CAS card! Hazel x

Barb Ghig said...

Your background is so pretty and I love how you created such a beautiful Winter Wonderland scene! I'm sure your friend is going to love it, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More this week! We always enjoy seeing your creations, Karen!

Anonymous said...

Free seo tools:http://adf.ly/v5CUc

Deepti said...

What a pretty scene and ur coloring makes it so lively !

stressfreestamping said...

I LOOOOVE that blue background! It pops so nicely on the embossed white panel. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

Neets B said...

What a serene scene. Love your sky and the crisp white embossed background is perfect. Thanks for linking up at ATSM again this week, Anita x

Unknown said...

Very pretty wintery scene! Lovely card:)

Carol said...

This is a gorgeous scene Karen. Carol x

cheiron said...

Such a beautiful, peaceful scene. Thank you so much for playing along with the Christmas/Holidays Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog with us this week :)

Loll said...

So beautiful Karen. Lots of depth and texture with your embossing paste, sponging and sweet winter scene - LOVE it! Loll xx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Karen!!

Redanne said...

Your card is beautiful, with lovely clean lines and the background colour is wonderful.