Friday 10 July 2015

Blue Birthday


Guess what...more blue.
This morning the challenge at Splitcoast was to THINK BIG.  
I just bought this Time Warp stamp by Neat and Tangled and was the perfect chance to use it.


I began by pulling out my Brusho paint crystals...blue of course.  I wanted to try a different technique using the Brusho.  Usually I sprinkle the crystals on my paper and spray with water to activate but this time I sprayed a grunge stamp with plenty of water and stamped onto my watercolour paper and sprinkled on the Brusho after that.  I liked the results as the paint stayed just in the areas where I had stamped the water.
When dry, I inked the Time Warp stamp with Distress ink, sprayed with water and stamped several times over the border.  Staying with the 'BIG' theme, I stamped the large birthday greeting in the corner using my Misti for perfect placement.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Little Red Wagon- BIRTHDAY THEME

Simply Papercrafts- ANYTHING GOES

Sister Act- ANYTHING GOES

Creative Moments- MONOCHROMATIC



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps-Avery Elle (sentiment), Neat and Tangled, Kaisercraft/ Distress ink/ Memento Black/ MISTI/ Brusho/ Mini Mister/

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Such a fun card! Great design!

Karen Hasheck said...

Love it- as usual I am pinning and also wanting the stamps
you used!

Becca Cruger said...

Wow wow wow and did I say wow! This has such incredible graphic and visual appeal. GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Wow! Love your card. Karen x

Lisa :) said...

I really love this!! I think I need to see about getting those Brushos!

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Wow, I love this! The way you did the spatter and used the image - so cool! I think I need that ;) Thanks for joining us at Simply Papercraft, good luck!
Jennifer, DT

Davi said...

Love the blue and cool splatters :)

shirley-bee said...

Fabulous! I love the combination of the grunge stamp and the timewarp stamp, they work together so well :)

Gabi MeWi said...

I adore this perfect blue on your card.

Sarn said...

Terrifically effective xxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act, good luck!!! Amy DT

Heather said...

Very pretty all in blue. Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week.

Bobby said...

That stamp and Brushos work perfectly together, Karen. I can see you doing this in lots of other colors.

Anonymous said...

where do you purchase your brusho crystals?

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card with lovely splash. Love colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments Challenge, Agnieszka DT