Tuesday 17 November 2015

Christmas Wishes

Morning.

Today, I am playing along with the Colour Challenge at Splitcoast.  Here are the colours we were to use on our card...great for Christmas cards!

 


I began by masking off an area on my card front with scrap paper.  I inked up the background stamp from Darkroom Door with Memento Grey ink and stamped.  
Next, I got out my MISTI and stamped the tree branches using Distress ink.  
For some hints of red, I dipped the end of my paint brush into some red acrylic paint and dotted the branches to mimic the look of berries.  The sentiment from Penny Black was stamped in black Memento ink.  After removing the mask, I scored a border around the stamped area with my ScorPal for interest.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Craft Your Passion- ANYTHING GOES

Not Just Cards- ANYTHING GOES



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Darkroom Door, Penny Black/ Memento bl and grey ink/ Distress ink/ MISTI/ paint brush/ red acrylic paint/ ScorPal

11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great take on the colors and what a fantastic look you achieved with them. I love this card design. You never fail to amaze me with your work!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, I saw this on SCS and commented on it, but it is gorgeous! I love the beautiful rectangle with the branch and sentiment on the background and especially love the scoring! Stunning with the simple dark green mat! Hugs, my friend!

Ina G said...

Another gorgeous card Karen. Love the scoring effect. Finishes it off so nicely.

Marie-Louise said...

Super card karen.

Gabi MeWi said...

Elegant and beautiful.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is quite stunning!

reclaimed wood dining table uk said...

That's elegant! I love the card. Wonderful!

Deepti said...

Elegant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a simple and very effective card.

Bobby said...

I have a couple of pine branch stamps but I love this cedar-y looking one, Karen, and the way you've stamped it.

Unknown said...

thanks for joining Craft Your Passion challenge this week, hope to see you again! :)

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com