Sunday 8 November 2015

Season's Wonders


Morning.
It's always a good day when I get to play with my inks and paper.

Since Christmas is so quickly approaching, you will be seeing lots of Christmas cards using one of my favourite snowflake stencils from Simon Says Stamp.  
Over the next week or so, I want to show you many different ways you can use it to make a variety of different looking cards.  
So, for today's card I began by placing the snowflake stencil on my white cardstock and rubbed Versamark ink all over the top.  I then added clear powder and heat embossed the whole thing.
Then I got out my Distress inks (Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves) and rubbed them over the whole piece.  I also sprayed water along the way to get the colours to blend.
I just love! the ghosting effect it left behind.  Reminds me of the frost patterns on the windows.
When that was all dry, I stamped the sentiment and embossed with silver and splattered with white acrylic paint to add to the snowy feel.  The edges were also embossed with white.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Crafting With Attitude- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Girls- ANYTHING GOES

Creative Moments- ANYTHING GOES

Inspiration Destination- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Supplies:  stamp- Serendipity/ stencil-SSS/ Versamark ink/ acrylic paint/ paint brush/ clear EB powder/ heat tool/ Distress inks

7 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful colors on the background of this card. Very lovely!

Marie-Louise said...

This is gorgeous Karen. The colours are super.

Gabby said...

Nice card, Karen! I like the color combo, and what a great way to use the great stencil to layer color and embossing. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Yep! frosty windows and beautiful!

Patricia Alvarez said...

Wow! I love it!!! what a great background you made! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia DT.

applejack cards by sue said...

I love all those blues. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafty Girls Creations. Sue DT xx

Fikreta said...

Your card is very beautiful !
Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Attitude!
Good Luck and hope to see you again.