Monday 16 November 2015

Trim the Tree

Morning.
Another Christmas card done.  The big day is coming too quick for my liking!

I began making my card front by masking the edges so when I was finished, I would have a nice crisp, white border.  I used my Misti to position the tree boughs then coloured them with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process with a darker green marker added just in places to add depth.  It gives a great look of watercoloring to my card.  I sponged the background with Distress ink and stamped the sentiment.  
The boughs needed some berries, so I used the end of my paint brush and dabbed on some red spots for the berries then splattered with white paint.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Come and Get It- WINTER HOLIDAY

The Paper Players- CAS CHRISTMAS CARD


Pile it On- HOLIDAY or CELEBRATION

Just Us Girls- WATERCOLOUR


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Darkroom Door, Penny Black/ Distress ink/ Memento ink and markers/ MISTI/ paint brush/ wh acrylic paint

14 comments:

Bunny said...

This is very pretty. I love the blue in-between the green. So nice. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Diane Jaquay said...

Gorgeous!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

You make the most wonderful cards and I love how you get the water colored look too.

Maria said...

What a great green! Lovely job That blue panel just pops! Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

Ina G said...

Love the effect you got with the leaves and a clever way for your white border. Lovely card Karen.

samantha's cards said...

lovely card.

Deepti said...

Looks awesome :)

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Karen! I love this green, it's so bright and cheery and festive! hugs :)

Nancy said...

Incredible background Karen! I was sure we would see you this week in our gallery as you are a watercolor master! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls this week!

Bobby said...

The only thing missing is the bird perched in the branches, Karen, because this looks so realistic.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovin the w/c foliage! Thanks for joining in at JUGS [again!]

N-Eva said...

What a lovely card <3.Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva . Neva

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful bright Christmas card love it.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The Glory of Christmas. Hope to see you again next time.