Friday 4 December 2015

Fun Friday with Penny Black


Happy Friday.  
Something a little different today.  I'm calling it Fun Friday because I have had such fun playing with my new Penny Black stamps released for the holidays.
Also, my cards are being featured on the Penny Black blog today.
So here's 3 cards that I have created for you today. 


  Card #1

Brush Pines
 The background  panel was done by inking up the Tall Timbers and stamping in both directions to create a plaid bkg. using Peacock Feathers Distress ink.  I love that I can use the trees to create a whole new use for them.  The edges were inked with Versamark and white heat embossed to give the feel of snow.
The small main panel was done by inking the Brush Pines with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I then watercoloured around the image using more Distress inks and mounted that over the plaid looking background using pop dots.




  Card #2

 Seasons Greetings
I coloured the Full Bloom image with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped the main panel.  I then inked the stamp again the same way and stamped on another piece of cardstock, then fussy cut a portion out so it could be pop dotted over the main background to add interest.  I sponged the edges with Distress inks then splattered all with diluted Distress ink.




 Card #3
  Arctic Antics
I masked a circle on my card front then did a watercolour wash in blue. I also applied some Marvvy Snow Marker to the bottom and used my heat gun to activate, giving it a snowy look and texture.  I inked up the polar bears from the Arctic Antics and stamped them onto another piece of cardstock, coloured using Copic markers then cut them out and glued them just over top of the snowy area.  I inked just the stars of that stamp and then coloured them with Copics.  Last, I stamped the sentiment from the set with Memento black ink and mounted the whole thing on a red liner.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
I hope you are feeling inspired today!

Supplies:  all stamps: Penny Black/ Marvy snow pen/ Memento bl ink/ Copics/ Distress ink/ MISTI/ wh embossing powder/ heat tool/ Memento markers

9 comments:

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous set of card Karen. Love those pine cones and I love the layered sprigs on the second one. Beautiful cards, all three! hugs :)

Mac Mable said...

Came across from the Penny Black blog for a closer look and so glad I did. Such beautiful cards. Loving the stamps and the techniques you've used. Clever idea to use the tall timbers stamp as plaid x Thank you for the inspiration x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful cards, I can see these in a shop in packs and rushing off the shelves. they are beautiful

Verna Angerhofer said...

All are so beautiful! Great designs and layouts too!

Gabby said...

Three terrific cards, Karen! I especially love the bgkrd and main panel of the first one. The pine and cones are super. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Thrilled to see you featured today at Penny Black! I love your work and your heart, sweet friend, and I love each of these cards! Hugs!

Deepti said...

Yay! huge congratulations on your feature at Penny Black, your cards are so stunning :)

Loll said...

Amazing cards Karen! Congrats on being featured on Penny Black. A well deserved honour as you make beautiful cards with their stamps! xx

Bobby said...

I agree with Loll. Karen. What you do with Penny Black stamps is amazing.