Thursday 23 June 2016

Be Thankful


Good Morning.
Playing with some new stamps today.  
I found this sentiment at Michaels the other day and just wanted to make a card using it.  I love finding sentiments that speak to me.

I began by getting out this new wildflower stamp set I just got by Tim Holtz.  It has a great variety of wildflower stamps in it that I just love.  You can use them to stamp a silhouette or add colour to make them look more realistic.
 I chose 4 of the stamps from the set and placed them inside my MISTI one at a time.  I colored them with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated this process adding darker shades of blue to the flower centers.  When that was dry, I sponged the corner with Salty Ocean Distress ink and splattered with some of the same diluted ink and a paint brush.

 

I stamped the sentiment with Memento black ink then mounted the piece on a piece of dark blue cardstock that I die cut using a new die from MFT.

Adding my card to these challenges:


CAS Mix Up Card Challenge- STAMP, DIE CUT and YOUR CHOICE
(my choice- sponging, watercolor)

Happy Little Stampers- ANYTHING GOES WITH A DIE CUT

Crafty Creation- ANYTHING GOES

The Crafty Addicts- ANYTHING GOES/HOBBIES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Tim Holtz, Hampton Arts/ ink- Memento, Distress/ MISTI/ mini mister/ paint brush/ Memento markers/ Die- MFT/ applicator tool/ Cuttlebug

13 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and a wonderful sentiment too. Great find and that verse could not be any truer. We always have something to be thankful for.

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Karen, and I love this new sentiment! Love the way you've been using the Memento markers. They surely help when coloring flowers that are one stamp. Beautifully done and framed...lovely the frame die! Hugs, sweet friend!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Stunning, as always. I really like that blue border with the lines embossed into it. That's a cool border.

Loll said...

Gorgeous flowers Karen. The blue frame really adds a special detail with the embossed edging. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bobby said...

Where would you be without your blue markers, Karen? This is lovely as usual. I'm so glad you shared it at ATSM this week.

Bonnie said...

What beautiful flowers, Karen! I love the darker centers that give such dimension to them! And what a wonderful sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Marie-Louise said...

Gorgeous card Karen and made in my favourite colour.

Lisa Lara said...

Such a beauty Karen. Love that sentiment.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Always awesome to see your cards! Such a treat! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS!!!

Ina G said...

Another beautiful card Karen.

Amy Seigler said...

Beautiful Card! Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at HLS Anything Goes with dies!

Barbara Bruder said...

Karen, this card is a beauty. Love the blue's you used and I so like those stamps. Crafty Creations Challenges (Commenting on #2)
Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Unknown said...

Beautiful effect with the watercolours. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT