Sunday 2 October 2016

Sweater Weather

 Morning.
The crisp, cool sweater weather has arrived.  I am always reminded of this great stencil from Tim Holtz when I think Winter and hot chocolate.

I began by stenciling the panel using Candied Apple and Fired Brick Distress inks and cut it to fit onto my card front on a slant.  I stamped the sentiment from the new Penny Black set called Yuletide Wishes with black Memento ink then heat embossed it with clear powder.  I like to do that with my sentiments as it helps to darken the colour and makes it stand out a bit more.
I die-cut the snowflake from Lawn Fawn twice and glued them together to add stability and glued them into the corner of my tilted piece. 
The finishing touch was to add a red half pearl into the center of the snowflake.


 Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS on Sunday- HEAT EMBOSSING


The ABC Challenge-'Q' IS FOR QUICK


Feeling happy to have another card for the holidays done.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ stencil- Tim Holtz/ cl eb powder/ ink- Distress, Memento/ red pearl/ pop dots/ snowflake die- Lawn Fawn

22 comments:

Princess Judy Palmer said...

For some reason your stenciled piece makes me think of a wool sweater. Wool = itchy. Who knows why my brain thought that. Love the card though. I'll tell myself that's not wool and that it's soft and fluffy and warm. Love the pearl on the snowflake.

CherylQuilts said...

How beautiful, Karen, and I LOVE this stencil. Got it last year at a LSS, and now I plan to use it this year. Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration! Hugs!

Susan said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. It's definitely made me decide to buy that stencil!! Love the vibrant red and way it sets off the snowflake - makes me think of a perfect cozy fair-isle sweater to wear on a winter day!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this, awesome design!!

Barb said...

A really beautiful card Karen. It looks really snuggly! Barbxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this...great use of the stencil and I love the red and white together.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
I can it see your blog fully ... Have you altered it ... Trying to email you but cannot find your email...
Hugs Sylvie xx
Fabulous cards...

Bobby said...

I'm not looking forward to sweater weather but maybe I would if I had one like this. Your card reminded me that I have a stamp similar to the stencil you used. I'm going to have to pull it out and see if I can make something as wonderful as this.

Bonnie said...

I wish we could get some sweater weather! I saw this at SCS this morning. Candee lives nearby and was here yesterday for class. I'm so excited for her and I love this card with all that red and white! I know she does too!

Craftychris said...

Such a fabulous card - really clever design! I love that stencil too! xxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Just fantastic!!! I love this colour combination a lot!!! Great print!!

Have fun!!
Maria

Virginia L. said...

FABULOUS!! Love how you used the TH stencil! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done, Karen!

Loll said...

Love the freshness of bright red and white. So perfect for your tilted "sweater" panel. :) Fantastic design Karen! xx

Julie B said...

Love the Scandie influenced stenciling Karen, reminds me of hot chocolate and log fires too.
So pleased you joined us at ATSM. :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Karen, love there'd and white.

Janneke said...

What a great card, thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Shawna said...

I saw this over at ATSM and thought I would drop by and say 'WOW!!' I love this card!! I love the simplicity, style, and design.... Can I use any more adjectives... yes!! FANTASTIC...

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our ABC Challenge - Q is for Quick , hugs, Carol DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful card! Great funky design! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
Kamila DT

Meighan Wheller said...

Wow love the design of your card. A wonderful Christmas card.Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Challenges, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

anja curvers said...

Wow great card. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on Sunday.

Donna said...

Such a clever design, Karen. Love it :)