Sunday 16 April 2017

Pretty in Pink


Happy Easter and Welcome.
It's time for another card for the
CAS WATERCOLOUR CHALLENGE




I have enjoyed playing with the pinks and greens this month.
So meet today's card.
 I began by stamping the hydrangea flower from Stampendous onto watercolour paper using my Misti.  I love this stamp, it is so easy to watercolour.
I added some pink to the flower centers with my Zig Real Brush marker then using a wet paint brush, I pulled the colour out onto the petals.  I repeated that process for the green leaves too.

When that was dry, I stamped the Full Bloom sentiment in the corner using my Misti and Archival ink. 
A very clean and simple card was born.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Daring Cardmakers- SPRING GARDEN

Crafting With An Attitude- ANYTHING GOES

Crafty Girls Creations- ANYTHING GOES


I hope you enjoy a wonderful Easter day filled with many blessings.
Thanks for coming to visit.

Supplies
Stamps- Hydrangea (Stampendous), Live Life ( High Hopes)
Paper- Canson XL watercolor paper 140lb.
Ink- Zig markers, Archival bl ink
Accessories and Tools- Misti, paint brush

14 comments:

Loll said...

Beautiful bright colours for your hydrangea, Karen. Zigs are so fun to watercolour with and you have done an amazing job with your shading to add depth and dimension to your petals and leaves. xx

Mac Mable said...

So eye catching and so vibrant. Absolutely gorgeous colouring too x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Very Clean, Very simple? VERY BEAUTIFUL.
Faith
x

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!!! I LOVE the vibrant colors you used. They capture the eye!!

Pat said...

This is really beautiful Karen and love the way the hydrangea fills the card. x

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful hydrangea, Karen! Beautifully colored! It makes me happy to just look at it, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

Your loosely Zig watercolouring is so pretty, Karen. Love your CAS design focusing on your beautiul hydrangea bloom. TFS my friend. Hugs...

Susan said...

A gorgeous card! Karen, you are so good at keeping the watercolouring loose - I always feel I need to get solid colour on every tiny bit. Next time I'll try your method of just adding the colour to the centres and then pulling it out with water, and then leaving it alone!

Susanne Vargas said...

Fabulous card and beautifully colored!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very pretty. THat's a perfect shade of pink.

Linda said...

Your flowers are so beautiful.

Svenja said...

Lovely card with great colouring - thanks for sharing it with the Daring Cardmakers!

Bobby said...

I just got a hydrangea stamp so I may have to CASE this lovely card, Karen.

Kathy said...

Such a pretty bouquet!
Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers and making our garden grow this week