Thursday 15 June 2017

'Orange' You Glad it's Summer- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.

It's time for another card for 
Our theme this month is Anything Goes.


Here's what I came up with.
I began by die-cutting the Wonky Stitched Frame using a heavy white cardstock.  
Since I wanted this great sentiment to be the focal point, using my Misti, I stamped the saying with Memento black ink then clear heat embossed onto the die-cut panel.  I find the ink really pops if I heat emboss it and there is no chance of me smearing the ink when I add the watercolouring.
Next, I stamped the flowers around the edges using my Misti and I coloured them in with Zigs and a wet paintbrush.  I like to place a bit of colour right at the base of the flower and then use the wet brush to pull the colour into the petals.  
While that dried, I stamped my background using the Arty stamp inked with orange dye ink.
I thought it made an interesting frame for the main panel.


Please come and play along with us.
Thanks so very much for the visit.


Adding my card to these challenges:
 Simon Says- EMBOSS IT
Addicted to Stamps and More- ANYTHING GOES
City Crafter- FRAME IT


Supplies
Stamps- Arty (Kaisercraft); Beautiful Moments (Close to My Heart); Flora Bella #1 (Prima)
Ink- Tuxedo Black Memento; Zigs;Carved Pumpkin Distress (TH)
Paper- heavy white cs (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; clear embossing powder; Wonky Stitched die (Avery Elle); 
paintbrush; Cuttlebug

27 comments:

Dortesjs said...

hello Karen, yet another lovely card from you with the great lyric on

Gabi MeWi said...

The background is "WOW".

Aquarius said...

This is a lovely vibrant card - love the contrast between the curviness (not sure this is a word!) of the lettering and flowers and the very linear background

Marsha Reed said...

Karen, your card is absolutely beautiful! Love the sentiment you've used.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Oh wow! Your orange flowered card design is gorgeous! And I love that sentiment too.

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous Orange colors flower design to go with your beautiful sentiment. TFS Karen. Hugs...

Susan said...

Love that sentiment! And the beautiful orange flowers!

Cara said...

This is such a fab card, love the warm orange x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I love it! And I laughed at the title of your post.

Nstiz said...

My first thought when I saw your card is how cheerful this is! Love the bright orange and the wonderful graphics on the base layer. You always have the greatest sentiments too!

Aileen said...

Wow Karen whats stunning card, that background stamp looks fantastic, I think you need to do a card so we can see it in all its glory. Those flowers are perfect with that sentiment and of course perfect colour used.

Bonnie said...

I still love this sentiment and even more with the orange flowers!

aussie aNNie said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous and has made my very dull and cold Aussie morning full of sunshine, so to speak. I am going to try your clear embossing on black memento ink as it sounds like a winner. Love the orange colours and something we don't use enough of....fabulous inspiration as always....hugs.xx
[aNNie]

Christine Alexander said...

orange is a colour I rarely use, your card is fantastic, your sentiment takes the stage but is wonderfully framed with your artsy background. Awesome card.

Mac Mable said...

So vibrant and yes love the orange stamping on the background. Such an amazing sentiment and yes deserves pride of place. Such pretty flowers and as always gorgeous colouring x

Viv said...

Loving the orange Karen, makes a change for you eh ;)the bold sentiment and pretty flowers make for a gorgeous card again ;) hugs Viv xx

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the orange color and your creative design!

Ruth said...

Ooooh what a fabulous card - the colour is amazing!I love the sentiment and the flowers frame it nicely. Beautifully done! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Great sentiment and fabulous background
Carol x

Loll said...

Love the bright orange. This is such a happy card, Karen. Beautiful sentiment and an amazing design with your arty stamped background. xx

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Karen, love the sentiment and colors!
Hugs, Sherry x
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

Ros Crawford said...

What a wonderful card for our challenge! Beautiful meaningful words too! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

TaeEun said...

What a great sentiment matching with the gorgeous card!!! Love the cool pattern in orange on the background !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Karen, that sentiment is just amazing, words to live by for sure, your background frames it perfectly, love the bold orange flowers and the very unique background image.
Hugs,
Maria.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I Love the orange and the patterns in this card, a Super sentiment too.
Faith
x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, love the background and what a fabulous sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely sentiment!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!