Saturday 15 July 2017

Good Friends- The Flower Challenge

Good Morning.
Time for another card for 

I decided to use heat embossing on my card.

I am having a blast playing with my Distress Oxide inks.  
I did a tutorial you can check out called

Basically, you dip an old credit card into Distress Oxide ink that has been sprayed with water and drag it down your card front.  The Oxides layer so uniquely and I just love that you get a different look every time.

So onto my card.
I began with a piece of heavy weight cardstock.  I get mine from a local store and tend not to buy it online as the shipping is so expensive to Canada.
Using the above technique, I pulled the Oxide inks over my card front, layering the colours as I went along.  I rubbed my card front with an anti-static pad then I stamped the flowers from Magenta using my Misti with Versamark ink then white heat embossed them.  The white embossing just helped the flowers pop against that colourful bkg.
I stamped the Hero Arts sentiment, then using the edge of my credit card, I added the black lines using ink from my Memento ink pad.  Using some drywall tape, I added extra interest by stenciling a bit in the background.


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.
Hope you will come and play along with us.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Wed.- PLAID
Addicted to Stamps and More- PHOTO INSPIRATION
Pause, Dream, Enjoy- EMBOSSED WET or DRY
Crafting With An Attitude- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING STAMPED GOES


Supplies
Stamps- Wildflowers-Umbells (Magenta); Good Friend Message (Hero Arts)
Inks- Tuxedo black Memento; Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio and 
Iced Spruce Distress Oxide inks (TH), Versamark
Paper- heavy weight cs (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI; credit card, white eb powder; heat tool, anti-static pad, drywall tape

29 comments:

Gibby Frogett said...

Gorgeous card Karen - love the background, stamps and quote - well I just love it all!
I've been making Christmas cards for the last few days but not used my oxides on them - but seeing your cards I can see the next batch will :) thanks for the inspiration.
Have a great weekend...
Gill xx

Janis Lewis said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.
~Owner/DT Janis

nancy littrell said...

OMG, Karen, Your Gorgeous background really pops with all your beautiful layered DOX inks!!! Love how you added your black lines and dry wall stenciling. Beautiful sentiment as always my friend. TFS Hugs..

Christine Alexander said...

wow Karen, that background is drop dead gorgeous:) I just love all those wonderful colours popping through behind the stamps.

Annie said...

That sounds like a fun technique and really does create an interesting background. The white embossing is perfect for the flowers to stand out yet blend well with that great background.

Charlene said...

I have pinned every credit card distress oxide card you have made! This is stunning. I have not tried the technique yet but thank you for all the sharing you have done.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love your background. It is beautiful and perfect for the white embossed images.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic background and a very beautiful card Karen
Gr Karin

Aquarius said...

The credit card technique is so effective and this is another lovely example

Loll said...

I just love this technique you've created Karen. Makes a gorgeous background for your pretty white embossed flowers. xx

Nstiz said...

I love seeing these backgrounds and so happy to see you posting them. It's a reminder to me to try this! The black lines you added add so much to the overall effect. Beautifully done.

Aileen said...

Karen I love the colours on the background, simply amazing and after looking at this and TaeEuns I obviously need to stop dithering and try this technique. Its just so beautiful as is your card. Love it.

Marina said...

Wonderful colour and interest - I love those black criss-cross lines!

Rike said...

A beautiful card with many interesting details! Thank you for your fine description how you made this gorgeous card!
Rike x

cuilliesocks said...

How beautiful Karen, loving your colours and design, great tip re credit card and Oxides. Fabulous detail to give interest, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

That technique is stunning with the oxides for the background. The layers look amazing and the colours show through...Stunning card x

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the crisp white against your funky background x

Ruth said...

Another corker with your fabulous technique. I love how every card is so different!! xx

Pat said...

Another beautiful background using the D.Oxide inks Karen, lovely colours too, and the white flowers look so pretty over the top. x

Mary Decker said...

Your cards grab and hold our attention. There's such interesting visual detail from the credit card technique. Thank you for giving us such clear directions. Your work is very memorable.

Thanks so much!

Bonnie said...

Such fun and playful colors, Karen! Love this!

Susan said...

Your beautiful background reminds me of a madras plaid shirt I had as a teenager - I loved that shirt because of the gorgeous blend of colours! Great technique with the credit card and lovely white embossed flowers.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another Stunner Karen.
Faith
x

Nicola Gold said...

What a fantastic technique. Great card too. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafting with an Attitude Challenge 'Anything Goes' July 2017.
Nicola, CWAA DT (Amethyst Lily Designs )

Melissa Bove said...

Stunning card Karen! That background is fabulous!! So pretty!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Shylaashree said...

beautiful take on our photo inspiration and interesting technique behind
Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps & More.
Shylaa DT@ATSM
Adhiraacreations

Peanut said...

What a lovely project, Karen! LOVE it. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha

Ellie Knol said...

Shared this beauty on the Magenta FB group... https://www.facebook.com/groups/magentastylegroup/ we're going to start doing giveaways soon for members who post in there, so you might be interested :)

Viv said...

Another stunning card here Karen, your designs always blow me away ;) hugs Viv xx