Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful moms out there!  

Here is a card I made for my MIL using stamps from Penny Black.  Since she has macular degeneration and has trouble seeing colours, I created this card with a black and white background so she can hopefully see the flower design.  This stamp is a square so I knew it would not cover the whole card front, so I tried to think of a way to use it to cover all.  By stamping it on an angle, I was able to achieve an interesting and different back drop for the banner and the orange flowers.  
The flowers are cut and coloured and pieced from that same stamp.
Whatever you do today, I hope it's a great day filled with happy times and wonderful memories.
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look!

Supplies:  stamps; Penny Black/ Copic markers/ Bl Memento/ pop dots


5 comments:

Ardyth said...

WHAT a great way to use a big background stamp like that. I never would have thought of it! Love the pops of colour, too. Happy Mother's Day, my friend!

Ravengirl said...

I really like how you thought about using the square image to cover the card front. The angled design is quite clever!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love the angled stamping in the background! Great way to use that stamp which is new to me. I hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

Robin K. said...

Would never have thought to use a bg stamp this way- love the effect! Hope you had a nice Mother's Day!

lostinpaper said...

Ultra clever way to create a background with this fab stamp, what a gorgeous card.