Friday 2 August 2013

Have an AWESOME Birthday!


Happy Friday my friends.  I am posting a card for a few challenges today;  the F4A challenge at Splitcoast; Seize the Birthday Challenge, Simon Says- Anything Goes and the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  
I just got a new mask from The Crafter's Workshop and created the bkg for my card by sponging on Distress inks in yellow and orange (Squeezed Lemonade/ Ripe Persimmons).  The chevrons reminded me of arrows so I stamped the front bicycle wheel just under that so it looks as though the arrow is pointing at the wheel in the air.  I sponged on some white Distress Paint (Picket Fence) over a piece of drywall tape for interest.  I added scoring lines with my Scorbug on either side.
My card was inspired by Dini Kowal...thanks Dini!

Thanks so much for all your kind comments and email....so very appreciated!!

Supplies:  stamps; Flonz Stamps, WPlus9/ Distress inks and paint/ Scorbug/ drywall tape/ mask The Crafter's Workshop

12 comments:

Geri Lynn said...

Wow, what a great masculine card. I love all the techniques and colors you used.

Wendy said...

This is really AWESOME! nicely executed techniques.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great card for the guys and I love that background you created!

Chris Dring said...

Way cool card for a teen boy! Fabulous job!

Cathy said...

Great teen card, love these colours and your stencilling Karen :) Cathy x

Davi said...

Wow that is awesome!! Love the colors and cool background ;)

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... I love everything about this card ... awesome.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I love it!

PapierGirl said...

Super cool card - love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! :)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous and awesome.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv
Debby

Donna Whitten said...

I love your work, your cards are lovely.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)