Monday 3 March 2014

Teacup Friend

Inspiration is found in so many places and in so many ways.  Today's card was inspired by a sweet pair of socks (BELOW) I saw when playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.  
I wanted to create a muted looking background so I inked up my Flower Flourish with Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Picked Raspberry Distress inks, sprayed with water to blend the colours then stamped onto a piece of scrap paper before stamping onto my card front.  Next, I stamped the bunny from Garden Critters with Memento black ink, coloured with Copic markers and pop dotted it onto my card front.  I thought the Softer and Kinder sentiment worked so great with the image.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
CAS on Sunday- COLOUR ME PRETTY
Simply Create Too- SHOP YOUR STASH


Thanks so much for coming by to take a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ Copic markers/ Memento Bl/ Distress ink/ pop dots

photo from Polyvore 




10 comments:

Susie said...

Super cute.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen: Your card is beautiful!! the little bunny is delightful. Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You do the most creative and beautiful things with ink and paper. Thanks for sharing your creative mind with us.
Pat

Nonni said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the surprising combo of the background and image. Great card!

shirley-bee said...

I love how a sock translated to a card :) Fabulous!

Petti said...

Very cute and I love the background too!

Davi said...

Beautiful Karen!! Love the background and that little teacup image is my favorite, love it and the way you colored it too ;)

Gabby said...

Sweet card, Karen! Love the bkgrd and that cute, cute bunny in a teacup stamp. Nice coloring, as always. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen! I love the mottled background and that bunny is so cute! i love the Penny Black stamps and you really made them shine on this beautiful card.

Zw@@n said...

Ahhh, what a cute card. Great background. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma