Tuesday 11 March 2014

Water Me


Time for a quick card this morning.  Playing along with the colour challenge at Splitcoast.  These colours were right up my alley.
I began by creating the background for my panel by inking the Circular Design from Penny Black with shades of green Distress inks.  I sprayed with water to blend, then stamped off onto scrap paper before going on to my panel to give a more muted look.  Then, I coloured the flower stamps with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped over the background.  This Rubbernecker flower is a two-part stamp.  I mounted the panel on a piece of blue cardstock the pop dotted it onto my card front after adding the sentiment.

Adding my card to these challenges:
Love to Create- ANYTHING GOES

Thanks so much for dropping by to take a look....very appreciated!

Supplies; stamps- Rubbernecker, Penny Black, Impression Obsession/ Distress inks/ Memento markers/ mini spray bottle/ black Memento ink/ pop dots

10 comments:

WickedPixie said...

This is SO pretty! I love how the blue strips draw attention to the watercolor look panel!

Intruderlady said...

This is a very lovely CAS card. Someone is going to be very happy receiving this.

Thanks for joining our challenge at Love to Create.

Kitty
LTC DT

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, this is absolutely my favorite shade of blue that you use!! And also with this green! It just says "Karen made me!" Such a beautiful card with a wonderful sentiment for someone special...like you, my sweet friend! You always delight and put a smile on my face! Warm hugs, sweet friend! Spring is coming!

Davi said...

So Beautiful Karen, love the water color look flower and the pretty background! I love it when you use lots of blue on your cards :)

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful! I love that great patterned paper you created with the circular stamp and the flowers are so pretty!

Gabby said...

Nice card, Karen! Great bkgrd and I like the way the flowers are over-stamped slightly out of the lines. It looks GOOD on your card when you do it but I always feel on mine, it looks like I "missed the mark." Hee! :)

Anonymous said...

This is so vibrant and beautiful, Karen! I love it...blue is my favorite color.

Nonni said...

Very beautiful, Karen. You make so lovely water color cards!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Beautiful colors :)

Anita in France said...

Oh my goodness, Karen, this is simply gorgeous! Lovely colour palette and such a delicious softness to those blue blooms! Anita :)