Monday 7 December 2015

Holiday Harmony

Meet today's card.

I am playing along with the challenge at Splitcoast this morning; Christmas Greens.
Can you smell the pine and cedar?

I began my card by cutting an oval using my Spellbinder die from scrap paper and used that to mask the center of my card.  Then, using my MISTI, I stamped around the mask using the cedar stamp from the Darkroom Door.  I love the detail that stamp gives.  I inked it using Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress inks, spraying with water in between stamping to help blend the colours.  I then sponged some blue ink over that and using the end of a paint brush, added the berries to the tree branches.
 I then removed the mask and stamped the sentiment.  It looked too stark for me like that, so I used the negative from the oval of the die-cut to mask the cedars and stamped the script from Penny Black and sponged with a bit of Grey ink. 
Lastly, I splattered the whole piece with white acrylic paint to resemble the look of snow.


Adding my card to these challenges:

Less is More- GREEN AND BLUE

Little Red Wagon- TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLOURS

Simon Says- LET IT SNOW

Crazy4 Challenges- O CHRISTMAS TREE

Sisters of Craft- ANYTHING GOES


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Darkroom Door, Penny Black, Hero Arts/ Distress inks/ Memento inks/ MISTI/ paint brush/ sponge applicator/ acrylic paint/ oval die

9 comments:

Heather said...

So pretty and yes, I can smell the cedar. Thanks for once again joining the challenge at Little Red Wagon this week.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful, beautiful! I love it and it looks so real.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I can smell the cedar from here, beautiful card.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Drop dead gorgeous! Such stunning. I can smell the evergreen from here AND I'm not allergic. That's a Christmas miracle!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

So elegant Karen and delightful inking and stamping
thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Anne said...

Karen what magnificent stamping and inking! Ideally we like a bit more white space for a LIM card, but this is just gorgeous
Thank you for joining us.
Anne
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

I'm really tardy in visiting this week Karen.
This is a fabulous creation... love the mix of blues and greens!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Neets B said...

Fantastic stamping, Karen. Really classy.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Bobby said...

I love this, Karen. It almost looks like the center oval could be an ornament hanging from the branches. Your inking is spectacular.